Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
Stansbury Park Community Emergency Response Team is having a CERT training for anyone in Tooele County who would like to be CERT trained. It is a one day training on March 23 at Stansbury High School. There is also some online training that you need to do before the training day. For information about CERT and the training, go to www.stansburyparkcert.org. You may also contact Robin Frederickson at 882-4608.
Complete On Line Training IS-317: Introduction to CERTs https://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/IS317/ and
Attend CERT Skills Day March 23rd
CERT Training is usually a 20-24 hour course held 2 Saturdays or for 7 evenings. To make it more accessible for people to become CERT trained we are setting up a ” hands on” day for the things that you need to do to become CERT trained.
CERT Skills Training Day with a Disaster Simulation
Who: Anyone 14 and over (with parent’s permission) who wants to become CERT trained for their family and community
When: March 23rd Time: 7 :00 am -5:00 pm (bring your own lunch and water and snacks)
Where: Stansbury High School Cost: $45.00 (Includes CERT Protective Equipment)
What you need to do:
· Tell your Emergency Preparedness Coordinator or e-mail Robin @ firstname.lastname@example.org that you are interested in taking CERT through the Special Training. Then take the entire CERT course at your own pace before March 23rd
· Complete the Introduction to CERT course IS 317 on the internet. This is imperative. Be sure to print your certificate when you have completed the training. http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/IS317/ (It covers most of the concepts and information that is covered during live trainings.)
· Print the question sheet from www.stansburyparkcert.org. Located below
· Watch two video presentations on the National CERT website www.citizencorps.gov/cert/videos/ CERT in Action (19:13) and CERT Training: Disaster Psychology (43:14) answer the questions on the sheet printed earlier.
· You may pay for the course materials and bring your registration form to your Emergency Preparedness Coordinator or Robin Frederickson on the day of the class, but please let us know that you will be attending by March 20.
You may pay by either cash or check. (Please make the checks out to Stansbury Park CERT.)
· Participate in the full day of hands on CERT activities and skills including participation in the disaster simulation March 23rd. (It will be a very full day).
· Bring your certificate from the online course, question sheet, the Application and Registration form, and the Volunteer Code of Conduct form and your payment
· Wear study comfortable clothing that can get dirty and sturdy shoes to the Skills Day. (No shorts, sandals, flip flops, or hanging jewelry)
At the end you will be CERT trained