Grantsville Old Folks’ Sociable
The Sociable is a fun community event for 18 years and older, which continues a community tradition of honoring the elderly (75 years and up). The day features a car show (free admission), honored guest reception, variety show, dinner, and dancing. Tickets ($17 in advance, $19 at the door) will go on sale March 1st. Attached is a poster (please note that dancing will start at 5 pm, not 3).
1. The Sociable celebrates Grantsville’s heritage, and has strong ties of course with Grantsville High School. This year marks GHS’ 100th year (we celebrate the centennial in the schoolyear 2013-14).
2. The 2013 theme is “Moments to Remember,” which was inspired by the Four Lads’ song of the same title.
3. Kindle Creek, Tooele County’s very own up and coming band, will be performing a song in the program. Their website: http://www.kindlecreek.com/
4. This event is ran entirely by approximately 200 volunteers on 17 committees.
5. We have a new event blog with more information: www.grantsvillesociable.blogspot.com
6. We also have a new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grantsville-Sociable/290199934435205
7. All Tooele County residents are invited!
If you like community traditions, subscribe to the Tooele Today e-newsletter so you don’t miss one. www.tooeletoday.com